Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Little Boys Room

The other day I posted that I was working on a decorating project for a little boy's room.  The parents felt it was time to re-do his room as their son was now leaving the baby stage and moving into the toddler stage and needed a more age appropriate room and space.  Well the work has been completed and it turned out quite nice.

The first thing we did was start off with a floor plan, the parents wanted to go with the Montessori theme that was mentioned in my last post here.  The room was small and limited so we had to come up with a floor plan that maximized all the space.  We were removing some of the larger shelving and a crib and replacing with a larger floor mattress.

We then chose a paint colour for the walls.   We settled on New Hope Gray by Benjamin Moore.

 
 
To add some pops of colour to the room, they had a picture that they wanted incorporated into the room so we worked with those colors for the accents.
 


I found some great fabric on-line that would work wonderfully with the paint and colors chosen from the picture.  They commissioned me to do the sewing for them.  I had suggested a pouf for seating pillows and roman blinds for the windows.



We added a roman blind for the window treatment which turned out great.


Tada!  Here are a few shots of the before and after.

Before


After